What is Yoni Steaming?
Yoni steam carries medicinal plant oils to the yoni (vaginal) tissue. These tissues are extremely absorbent, which allows the bloodstream to absorb these healing plant oils and then take them into the inner reproductive system.
Once there, they aid the uterus in cleansing and repairing itself.
HOW TO STEAM
Here’s what you’ll need:
✔ A toilet
✔ 4-6 heaped tablespoons of your steam herbs
✔ Stainless steel
✔ A good book or a fully charged phone (to keep yourself busy)
The water must be from a boiling kettle
How to prepare:
✔ Ensure that both your toilet and bowl are clean!
✔ Place the bowl into your toilet bowl
✔ Pour your herbs into the bowl
✔ Pour boiling water, allow to cool for 2 minutes.
✔ Sit down on your toilet as you normally would. Notice if the steam feels too hot, and if so, open your legs or stand up to allow the water to cool.
✔ You might want to elevate your legs by putting a small stool under them so that you don't get cramps
✔ Steam for a minimum 20 minutes and as long as you want.
Do not use it if you are pregnant.
Do not use during menstruation
If you have IUD, do not steam for more than 10 minutes, discontinue use, if you feel uncomfortable.
Discard herbs after each use
Yoni steaming frequently asked questions
Start steaming 2 days after your period if you do not see any blood
How often should I steam?
1. For the first 4 weeks of use, steam 3 times a week
2. For normal maintenance of your yoni - 6 times a month
3. If you suffer from pain, bloating or exhaustion during menstruation 3 times a week
4. For fertility steam 4 times a week, and maybe twice during pre-ovulation
You should expect to steam for three months before seeing results.
5. For postpartum steaming, 3 a week for the first month of use, then once a week thereafter, please be sure there is no open wound and that you are no longer bleeding
6. For menopause, steam at least twice a month times maintenance, but you may steam more often if it feels right.
7. Absent menstrual cycle - 4 times a week
If your challenges are chronic, you may want to steam up to 4 times a week to ensure the greatest results.
Do not use if you are pregnant or on your periods